Chilli & Garlic Prawn Bruschetta
Christmas has been and gone and you’re still stuck with a fridge-load of leftover ingredients? Try this delicious chilli & garlic prawn bruschetta recipe.
• 500g Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Cutlets, Thawed
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 2 avocados
• 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice
• 1 table spoons lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• Artisan bread
• To thaw Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Cutlets, cover & refrigerate overnight until thawed. Drain off excess liquid.
• Add any of left over ingredients you have to the bruschetta to suit your taste.
• Thaw Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Cutlets according to packet instructions.
• Place the oil, garlic, lime juice, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the thawed prawns and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
• While the prawns are marinating, create the guacamole by placing the avocado, red onion, coriander, jalapeno juice, lime juice, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl and mash the ingredients with a fork to make it as chunky or smooth as you’d like.
• Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the guacamole mixture and set aside for later in the fridge.
• Heat a barbecue grill-friendly pan to high. Grill prawns for 3-4 minutes or until meat is cooked through and golden.
• Slice your artisan bread 2 cm thick, brush with oil and chargrill, or barbecue grill on medium
• Spoon guacamole mixture onto chargrilled bread and top with chilli garlic prawns