Ginger Scallops with Vegetables & Noodles
Indulge in the exquisite flavours of our Ginger Scallops with Vegetables & Noodles — a delectable dish featuring succulent Shore Mariner scallops marinated in a fragrant blend of soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. This recipe promises a delightful harmony of tastes and textures.
- 675 g Shore Mariner scallops, with roe on
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 7½ cm fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 450 g rice stick noodles
- 1½ C shelled edamame beans
- 1½ red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1½ carrot cut into small sticks (use more if small)
- 6 spring onions white part cut into 3cm lengths and green diagonally sliced
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 4½ tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tbsp runny honey
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Place the scallops in a shallow bowl, add the soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Turn to coat and allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and then set aside.
- Cook the edamame in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes, drain well.
- Add a film of oil and stir-fry the capsicum, carrot and the white part of the spring onions for about 2-3 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed. Add the marinated scallops, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until they’re nicely seared and opaque in the center. Take care not to overcook them.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the pan with the scallops. Add the cooked noodles and the sauce mixture. Toss everything together gently, ensuring all ingredients are well coated with the sauce. Cook for an additional minute to heat through.
- Divide the ginger scallops, vegetables, and noodles among serving plates. Garnish with additional spring onions and sesame seeds.