Greek Stuffed Squid
- 75 Mins
Squid tubes are perfect for stuffing. Try this Greek inspired recipe
• 8 Shore Mariner Raw Squid Tubes
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 onion
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 cup grated carrot
• 1 cup crushed tomatoes
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 cup rice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cook rice as per packet instructions, set aside for later.
• In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly until soft and translucent. Add the grated carrots to the pot and cook for another 3 minutes
• Add the wine, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice and stir through.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking dish with olive oil
• Fill each calamari tube about halfway with the rice mixture and place on baking dish. If you have any filling left over add it to the baking dish.
• Drizzle with olive oil and bake, covered, on the bottom rack of your oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.