Prawn Laksa Noodle Soup
- 30 mins
This delicious Laksa Soup has a fragrant coconut-flavored broth loaded with fresh ingredients! This recipe is super easy to follow as it’s made with a store-bought Laksa paste.
• 250g Shore Mariner Cooked Prawn Cutlets, Thawed
• 400g Chicken thighs, sliced
• 1/2 Cup laksa paste
• 400ml Coconut milk
• 2 Cups chicken stock
• 150g Firm tofu, cubed (optional)
• 250g Rice noodles
• 100g Bean sprouts
• Soft-boiled eggs, halved
• Lime wedges
• Fresh coriander
• Red Chilies, thinly sliced
• To thaw prawns, cover & refrigerate overnight
• Laksa pastes vary in heat intensity between brands, so adjust amounts to suit.
• Heat oil in a large pot, and fry the sliced chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add laksa paste and cook for 4 minutes.
• Add coconut milk and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
• If you are adding tofu to your laksa, heat a pan on medium-high with oil and fry the cubed tofu till nice and crispy. Set aside for later.
• Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles as per package instructions, and set them aside.
• Add thawed prawns and cooked noodles to the laksa soup mixture for 2-4 minutes, heating through. Season to taste.
• Serve in bowls, garnish with crispy tofu, bean sprouts, soft-boiled eggs, coriander, lime and red chilies.