Lemon Pepper Prawn Flatbreads
- 30 mins
A fantastic weekend lunch or lighter dinner that only takes 30 minutes to make. Try these delicious flat breads topped with fresh ingredients the whole family will love!
• 500g Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Cutlets, Thawed
• 1/2 tbsp oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup white vinegar
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 2 tsp white sugar
• 2 large flat breads
• 1/2 cup parmesan
• Fresh basil, to serve
• To thaw Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Cutlets, cover & refrigerate overnight until thawed. Drain off excess liquid.
• Add any of your favourite ingredients to the flat breads to suit your taste.
• Thaw Shore Mariner Raw Prawn Meat according to packet instructions.
• Place the oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the thawed prawns and toss to coat evenly. Cover and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
• To pickle the onion, place sliced onion, vinegar, water, and sugar in a jar and set aside for later.
• Preheat oven to 200 C.
• To prepare the flat breads, brush them with garlic and oil and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese.
• Place flat breads onto a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and flat breads are crispy.
• As soon as the flat breads are cooking, cook the prawns.
• Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook prawns for 3-4 mins or until meat is pink.
• Place the flat breads onto a plate, add pickled red onion, and fresh basil, and top with the prawns. Drizzle the lemon garlic oil from the pan over the top, and then sprinkle extra Parmesan.
• Cut flat breads and enjoy!